Monday, May 9, 2016

Sting ray

this is the story of the time i got stung by a sting ray

every spring break, my family goes to oceanside California, we go with family friends and rent out a beach house, next to the pier and just have the time of our life.

catching waves, getting tan, eating rubys on the pier, riding bikes, etc...

one evening, everyone had gone up to the hot tub and my friend, mollie, and i stayed behind to catch the last wave, before we went in.

as we're walking through the water, playing around, i step down and feel this sharp pain just go through my foot, and i scream so loud, it hurt so bad. but i wasn't going to let this, make me miss the wave. so mollie and i go up, to catch the wave, she gets it and I'm in so much pain i don't even get half way up.

as we swim back to shore, i step my foot on the sand and theres just blood everywhere, so i start booking it up to the showers, leaving blood marks the whole way. i start washing off my foot and finally after like 10 minutes of us standing there it starts to stop bleeding.

so we go meet our families and i tell my dad what happened and he says he's pretty sure i just got glass in my foot or something. so my dad, my brother and the other dad that was there, carry me to where we were staying, lay me down and the next thing i know, my dads has a pocket knife and starts to work on my foot and i just start freaking out. my brother comes over and holds me down and I'm just crying, kicking, screaming, whatever i can do to get out of there.

after about, literally 1 min, my dad gives up and says we're going to the ER so they run me to the car, lay me on the back seat, and my dad drives me, first, to the medical care, he runs me inside and they say they're closed, but that the closest hospital is like 10 min away and i just lose it right there, I'm in so much pain, that i can't take it anymore and i pass out.

the next thing i know I'm in the ER with my foot in a boiling hot tub of water and an old man staring at me telling me every-things going to be ok....

and that was the time i got stung by a stingray.

No comments:

Post a Comment